Boart Longyear Driller Assistant - Surface in Forrestfield, Australia
Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally.
We are currently taking applications for Driller Assistant vacancies for current and upcoming projects in our Diamond Surface Operations.
Desired candidates will have experience offsiding and a demonstrated history of working to strict safety and quality standards. Entry level positions also available for people from blue collar backgrounds. It is essential that you have a HR drivers licence to perform the role, however applicants with experience can be assisted in obtaining one through BLY program, where we pay upfront cost!
The successful applicants will be well presented individuals with an excellent attitude towards safety and possess a strong team focus. A passion for drilling or the desire to learn how, and a hard working attitude is essential. Our positions are based on a 2 week on / 1 week off, fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) roster. Boart Longyear offers ongoing training and developmental opportunities as well as competitive shift rates and bonus scheme.
About the Role:
As a Driller's Assistant you will be:
• Conducting Daily pre-start equipment checks
• Assisting with routine maintenance
• Assisting with mixing drilling mud's/fluids/chemicals/cement
• Assisting with loading and unloading heavy vehicles
• Maintaining a clean and hazard free work environment
• Setting up/dismantling/moving drill rigs and equipment
• Cleaning drill rigs, vehicles, equipment and tools
• Conducting and completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
What we offer:
• Working for one of the world leading providers of drilling products and services in their extensive WA operations
• Excellent ongoing training and developmental opportunities
• We can provide assistance with obtaining HR license for employees with Drilling experience!
• Competitive shift rates - perm on our books from day one
Driller Assistant 1 (entry level) - $380 day rate
Driller Assistant 2 (experience) - $420 day rate + access to bonus!
2:1 FIFO roster
Flights (from Perth) and site accommodation provided
• Prior surface Offsiding experience (very desirable, especially for people with Surface Diamond or RC)
• Current HR-B or HR Unrestricted Drivers Licence is essential (we can assist with obtaining one within first 3 months)
• National Police clearance
• First Aid certificate
• Demonstrated personal commitment to safety
• Team player
• Experience working in a similar position is preferable, however not essential
• Right to work in Australia
Auto req ID: 11904BR
Job Code: 250001 Driller Assistant 1.11.Drillers
Function: Drilling Services
Region (Business Group): APAC
State/Province: Western Australia